Symptoms of Mold Exposure

If you are like me, you probably do not know the symptoms of toxic mold exposure. I, like many people, never knew the severity of this very common issue until I started doing a little bit of research after having my own home assessed for mold.

Do you suffer from a cough, persistent sinus issues, shortness of breath, fatigue, weakness, aches, muscle cramps or headaches? These are only a few of the issues you could be facing if you are suffering from mold poisoning! Others include: unusual pain, ice pic pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, disorientation, confusion,word recollection issues, focus & concentration problems.

If you have any of these conditions that just do not seem to go away, you may want to have your home tested for mold. My home is 8 years old and we moved into the residence brand-new. Unfortunately after a vicious winter, we had ice damming on our roof which cause a leak into our attic and water staining on the ceilings of many rooms, such as the kitchen and master bedroom. Of course I knew to call a roofing contractor to have them check the damage. After complaining to my husband about a consistent, dull headache every morning, I started reading more about what may be causing these headaches. What I found was disturbing and nothing I had ever heard about before, I was most likely suffering from mold toxicity due to the water leak from the roof. After having a full inspection of my home and lab samples taken, it was determined I had a toxic form of mold called aspergillis growing on the backside of my headboard! No wonder I was waking up each morning with a headache!

Please take it from me, if you think you’re a victim of mold exposure, you most likely are. For your own health and safety, do the necessary research to really know what is going on in your home. I’m sure glad I did!